NEWS & UPCOMING EVENTS
Due to work commitments Melanie-Jayne Turk has taken the decision to step down from the BGOA Committee.
We want to thank her for her contribution and wish her all the best.
We are currently seeking new committee members.
BGOA QUARTERLY WINNERS
SECOND QUARTER 2020
The £50 Owners Bonus Draw was drawn by Natalie Bursig and was won by Mr D.W & Mr S.Bentley from Derek Knight's kennels
Due to the second quarter only having one months racing we are unable to do quarterly awards for April, May & June.
The committee have therefore decided to give a small gift to each member, these will be with your trainer asap.
Nominations For 2019 Annual Awards
Burnpark Rosie Cynthias Gift Dinner Nicosia
Droopys Nirvana Droopys Roxy Jiggerypokery
Mandeville Daddy Mercury Jude Power Ranger
Punk Rock Poet Roses Kate Roses Twirl
Seasons Flash Slaheny Star Some Allstar
Waste House Eco
Nominations For 2019 Annual Awards
Astra Moon Ballylark Buzz Chasin Pavements
Coltwood Pogba Dream On Millie Gemini Spirit
Iconic Captain Jagersmate Jess Knockmant Wonder
Knight Rider Newros Holly Pennys Tael
Punk Rock Hero Seasons Storm Surprise Astra
Committee Meeting Minutes 7-09-2020
Mike Willis opened the meeting at 18.40
Minutes Of Last Meeting - Minutes of the last meeting were read out and no matters arising.
Membership - 61 members. New members always welcome.
Finances - £3092.57
Raffle - Letters / emails are being sent to local businesses / attractions to source donations for the raffle, any donations would be gratefully appreciated.
AOB - With the recent passing of Jenny Bunting the committee have decided to make a charitable donation in her memory.
Next meeting 5th October 2020 at 18.30
Mike Willis closed the meeting at 19.20
2019 ANNUAL AWARDS
We are looking for sponsors for the Annual Awards, each category will be £75, if you would like to sponsor an award please contact us via facebook or email
Bitch Of The Year - Kindly Sponsored By Ian Andrews
Dog Of The Year - Kindly Sponsored By Gemini Hire & Sales Ltd (Matt Christelow)
4 Bend Grader Of The Year - Kindly Sponsored By Mud Foods Of Midhurst
Sprinter Of The Year
Puppy Of The Year - Kindly Sponsored By Jozef Kis (The Galaxy Club Syndicate)
Veteran Of The Year - Kindly Sponsored By Mike Harrod
Open Racer Of The Year
Kennel Hand - Kindly Sponsored By Rod Lynn & Gillian Woodroffe
Lifetime Achievement (Trainer) - Kindly Sponsored By Seasons Scaffolding
1. The Association shall be called "The Brighton Greyhound Owners' Association".
2. The object of the Association is to promote social activities amongst Greyhound Owners and their friends.
3. The Association shall be managed by a Committee of Members and shall consist of the following: Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary/Treasurer and not less than two other members. The Committee shall have the power to fill any vacancy that may occur and co-opt, if they think fit.The retiring Officers and Members of the Committee shall be eligible for re-election. All nominations for election of Committee Members must be proposed and seconded in writing and handed to the Secretary at least 21 days prior to the Annual Meeting. Nominations shall be restricted to paid-up Members of the Association.
4. (a) The Association shall be open to past and present greyhound owners at Brighton and Hove Stadium on payment of the annual subscription, the value of which shall be fixed for the ensuing year and agreed at the Annual Meeting.
(b) The Committee may, at their discretion, accept application for membership from any individual who, it feels, will contribute to the good of the Association.
5. Subscriptions shall be due on 1st January, and the Annual Meeting shall be convened before the end of June.
6. A Special Meeting may be convened at any time by the Committee, specifying the object of the meeting. Notice convening a Special Meeting shall be sent to members not less than 7 days before the meeting, and shall specify the matters involved. Voting at Special or Annual Meetings shall be restricted to members who have paid subscriptions to the Association for the current or preceding year. Voting slips, when necessary, to be issued on production of Membership cards or by reference to the Membership Register.
7. The Committee shall have the power to expel any members who shall offend against the rules of the Association, or whose conduct shall, in the opinion of the Committee, render him/her unfit for membership of the Association, but for the purpose of this rule the vote of not less than two thirds of the whole Committee shall be necessary.
8. The Committee shall have power to amend the rules with immediate effect when necessary.
9. At Committee Meetings and at Annual Meetings the Chairman or ViceChairman, or in their absence a member selected by the meeting shall preside, and he shall have a casting vote in the event of an equality of votes.
All owners of a greyhound must be paid up members of the B.G.O.A on the First day of each quarter to qualify for inclusion in that quarter's competition.
Each quarter the record of all members greyhounds will be recorded from the result sheets issued by the Stadium and points will be awarded for position in ALL races.
TEN points for 1st place, FIVE points for 2nd place, FOUR points for 3rd place,
THREE points for 4th place, TWO points for 5th place and ONE point for 6th place.
At the end of the quarter the FIRST TEN races of every greyhound will be totalled and the greyhound with the greatest number of points will be declared the winner.
In the event of a tie with identical points the dog with most wins will be declared the winner, if both have same amount wins and points the prize will be shared.
The decision of the committee in all matters relating to the award is final.
FOUR (or more) IN A ROW: A win in four (or more) consecutive races at Hove. Races at other tracks do not count for this award. All registered owners must be paid-up members of the association at the time of the wins.
DOUBLE CENTURION ROLL OF HONOUR: Relates to any greyhound kennelled at Brighton by competing in 200 races during their racing career. All registered owners must be members of the Association at the time of the award.
TROPHY PRESENTATIONS: These will be made each quarter at a venue to be decided
Details of each quarters winners are placed on the B.G.O.A Website, Facebook Page and a letter will be sent to trainers.
George Andreas - 07878 760773
Seamus Cahill - Highams Court Kennels, Layhams Road, Keston, Kent, BR2 6AR 01959 576777 / 07803 078046
Maria Collins - Croft Handy Kennels, 51a Lonesome Lane, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 7QT 01737 249022 / 07811 527862
Gemma Davidson - 01342 837868
Claude Gardiner - Brighton & Hove Greyhound Kennels, Wheatsheaf Road, Henfield, West Sussex BN5 9BD 01273 492916 / 07921 976028
Belinda Green - Greens Greyhounds, Brighton & Hove Greyhound Kennels, Wheatsheaf Road, Henfield, West Sussex BN5 9BD 07725 074017
June Harvey - Romsey 02380 812580 / 07989 415762
Jason Heath - Ballytag Kennels, Burnt Oak Farm, Burnt Oak Lane, Newdigate, Dorking, Surrey RH5 5BL 07920 005576
Alma Keppie - Two Oaks, Fletchwood Lane, Totton, Southampton. SO40 7DZ 02380 293268 / 07736 164 881
Jamie Kingsley - 07950 774843
Derek Knight - Brighton & Hove Greyhound Kennels, Wheatsheaf Road, Henfield, West Sussex BN5 9BD
01273 494737 / 07876 128625
Stuart Maplesden -Brighton & Hove Greyhound Kennels, Wheatsheaf Road, Henfield, West Sussex BN5 9BD 01273 048128
Norah McEllistrim - 5 Burhill Kennels, Turners Lane, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey KT12 4AW 01932 221545 / 07767 136866
Richard Rees - 3 Burhill Kennels, Turners Lane, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey KT12 4AW 01932 222637
Wendy Short - Little Rowfold, Coneyhurst Road, Billingshurst, West Sussex RH14 9DF 01403 784748 / 07870 184953
Tony Taylor - Tony Taylor Kennels, Layhams Road, Keston, Kent. BR2 6AR 07836 778604 / 01959 / 572066
Samantha West - Littlehampton 01903 885946 / 07921 395110
Richard Yeates - Great Missenden 01494 863685
For any general Enquiries, please fill in the following contact form: